TonyGillen.com        
Minnesota Twins Collection

Thursday, March 5, 2009

1962 Post Baseball





Last week, I bought these cards from my local shop. I am not sure if I paid too much or too little, but I was happy to add a couple of vintage cards to my collection.

Baseball cards from the 1962 Post set were distributed as cards on the backs of cereal boxes with a version of the Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris cards having been distributed in the April 13, 1962 edition of Life magazine. The set consists of 200 cards with 9 of those belonging to Twins players. I did not know much about the 1962 Post set before buying these cards, but there is an allure about adding cards that are older than myself to my collection.

For me, there is an allure about anything vintage. Although, now vintage is a matter of opinion. While many consider 60's and 70's cards as vintage, many others only consider cards older than 1961 as vintage. Regardless, there is just a different feel about the older cards. Maybe it is the way the cards look or how they were made or maybe it has more to do with how baseball cards were treated: as a hobby for the love of the game and not an investment for a big payout.

With Killebrew and Lemon down, I would have seven more Twins left in the set.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

The Team Collectors